I've been nominated for a couple of meme's on books and quirks... so here's my quirks one:
1. Blowing my own trumpet: As I open the porch door to come in from work i make a little bugle call to myself to pysch me up to be like the calvary coming over the hill to relieve Debs - sometimes it feels more like Custer's last stand!
2. Making up little songs: I like making up little songs to sing about what is happening in life, usually stealing an existing tune and putting in my own words. I think i inhererited this ability from my Dad, who's toothbrushing song that he used to sing to us as kids is now sung to my own:
There are big ones and little ones And top ones and bottom ones And they've all got to be brush brushed When you're brushing your teeth
There are front ones and back ones Cos we don't want no black ones So they've all got to be brush brushed When you're brushing your teeth
Yes they've all got to be brush brushed They've all got to be brush brushed They've all got to be brush brushed When you're brushing your teeth
3. Lotta bottle: one of the joys of havin a milkman deliver our milk in bottles direct to the door is that there is always a lovely handy bottle of cold white stuff in the fridge - rather than getting a glass out i confess i often swig straight from the bottle :)
4. Word play: i confess to being addicted to punning, another trait inherited from my dad, i simply can't resist...
5. Walking socks: Having owned one pair of walking socks for 14 yrs which of late were getting very holy i am now the proud owner of a newly knitted pair courtesy of debs. The only slight downside of havin a home made knitted pair is that Debs insists that they go in the wash leaving me with cold feet! Having no picture of them, i thought i'd let you see this youtube clip of somone who has a serious sock quirk!
6. killing aliens: nothing is more destressing then shooting aliens! As a friend asked me at work the other day: "do you find that shooting aliens lessons your desire to shoot people or increases it?" - hmmm maybe i was twitching just a lil too much at my desk!
How about you, any quirks of your own???